It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the list of contributors who delivered change sets to a particular build

marlies santos (15134) | asked Nov 13 '13, 11:12 a.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 5:29 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I'm looking for an alternative to the build notification mechanism and would like to send a custom email to the people who delivered changes to a particular build. Is it possible to have a list of emails of contributors available from an ant script, or possibly something else? Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jeff Care (1.0k3833) | answered Nov 13 '13, 11:46 a.m.
I do this for my builds.

You can use the generateChangeLog task from the build toolkit to generate a list of the changes. From that change log you can extract the user list. We use email address as the user ID, but if you don't do that you'd need some sort of mapping.
marlies santos selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
marlies santos commented Jan 29 '14, 10:18 a.m.

Thanks, Jeff. This was very helpful.

I followed your suggestion and got a comma separated list of contributors' addresses by using this command
grep -Eo '<.+@.+.ibm.com>$' $1 | sort -u | sed 's/<//' | sed 's/>//' | tr '\n' ,
where the input $1 is the output of the generateChangeLog task. I can now useĀ ant mail task.

Also, is it possible to exclude changes from excluded components without having to post-process the changes file? There are several components in the stream but I exclude a few and would prefer for those changes not to be listed because they don't have an impact in the results since they are not run.

Thanks again

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.