It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I link design artifact from Rational Design Manager 4.0 to RRC, RTC and RQM

Bipul Sarma (30179) | asked Jul 13 '12, 7:55 a.m.
I am trying to link a use case model imported into Rational Design Manager 4.0 with a requirement in RRC, work item in RTC and test case in RQM. I get the following options in "links" tab but which one should be used for which tool, is there any guidelines/recommendations?

The other Rational Tool versions (RRC, RTC and RQM) is 3.0.12.

3 answers

permanent link
Don Yantzi (33644) | answered Jul 13 '12, 8:43 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Bipul,

You should see the following predefined link types:

Derives From (for linking with requirements in RRC)
Elaborates (for linking with work items)
Refines, Satisfies, Trace (for linking to requirements in DOORS)
Validated By (for linking to test artifacts in RQM)
Related To (general purpose linking relationship)

These can be used to link with 3.0.1.x versions of RTC, RRC, and RQM with the limitation that you won't see the link on the RRC side until RRC is upgraded to 4.0 (in 4.0 RRC queries the DM server for incoming links and displays them). DM and RQM only have one-way linking right now; from DM --> QM.

Link types can be customized on the project properties page for the DM project area under Link Management. For example, if you don't use DOORS then you may want to delete those ones so they don't clutter up the UI.

Don

Comments
Bipul Sarma commented Jul 13 '12, 9:28 a.m.

Hi Don,

Thanks for your response. Should the bi-directional link work between DM and RTC? Currently I am able to link DM with RTC work item but the link is not visible on RTC side.

I am from IBM Global account and evaluating the DM 4.0 version.

Thanks

permanent link
Don Yantzi (33644) | answered Jul 13 '12, 9:50 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Bipul, can you open a defect for the bi-directional linking between DM 4.0 and RTC 3.0.1.x and reply here with the defect number.

Comments
Vidhya Prakash commented Jul 24 '12, 9:20 a.m. | edited Jul 24 '12, 9:21 a.m.

permanent link
Vidhya Prakash (852833) | answered Jul 24 '12, 12:38 p.m.
I was now able to do bi-directional linking by following below settings in the project area:

* First thing was to set the permission so that I can edit and delete the link types. This is done in the project area's Permissions and provided appropriate permission for Commentator and Architect roles.
* Then I followed the below steps
Just delete the existing Elaborates link type first, then:    
    -Create a new link type. The Link Type Name is Elaborates, and the Link Type ID (URI) is http://jazz.net/xmlns/dm/elaborates.

-Create a reverse link type. The Custom Reverse Link URI is http://open-services.net/ns/cm#relatedArchitectureElement.

Once a link type with the above URI and reverse URI are setup, integration worked

Thanks Team for the help!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.