It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Wildcard match not working for testcase[title...] via REST API (RQM 3.0.1). Should it?

G S (5346) | asked Jul 02 '12, 8:59 p.m.

Hi,

I am using a filter like the following to retrieve a test case with an exact name match in RQM 3.0.1. This works:

?fields=/feed/entry/content/testcase[title='MyTestCase']/(identifier|title)

According to the documentation, I should be able to use the following Wildcard characters: _ (for a single match) and % for 0 or more characters. Why, when I do this, does none of these match?

?fields=/feed/entry/content/testcase[title='MyT_stCase']/(identifier|title)

?fields=/feed/entry/content/testcase[title='MyT%stCase']/(identifier|title)

Do I need to escape it? If so, exactly how would it look? I feel this should work - but it does not.

GS

2 answers

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Jul 03 '12, 2:14 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This doesn't seem to be working for me either.  I'm using the JKE Banking sample project on a 3.0.1.4 server.  Using the filter

?fields=feed/entry/content/testcase[title='Verify dividend transfer frequency']/*

I correctly get one resource in the feed.  If I replace any one of the characters in 'Verify dividend transfer frequency' with _ I get nothing in the feed.  If I replace any one character with a % I get all of the test cases in the project.

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Feb 05 '13, 7:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I found this post while trying to do the same thing.  The rest API doc states the wildcard is only in 4.0. and later.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi

This is the example from the above doc, and I was able to get this to work in 4.0.1.

Example:
<feedUrl>?fields=feed/entry/content/testplan[title='test plan X']/description&wildcard=X

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.