It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the form o a RESOLUTION_ID in the RESOLUTION Table?

Qi Li (1351718) | asked Jun 26 '12, 6:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 04 '12, 3:16 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
Hi,

I am confused with the RESOLUTION table, what is the combination of RESOLUTION_ID? I guess it is the PROJECT_AREA_ITEMID + "r" + RESOLUTION (in LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT table)? but when I tested this, it seems it was not the case...

Thanks in advance!

Qi Li

2 answers

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Jun 27 '12, 9:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, this is a bit confusing, and the format is a historical artifact with a long story behind it. In short, resolutions (and priorities, and severities) have ids but those ids are only unique within a project area, so we need to include both project area UUID and the id of the artifact. Your format looks like it should be correct:
PROJECT_AREA_ITEMID + "r" + RESOLUTION
Can you give an example to show why this isn't the case?
Can you check to see if it's padded with spaces at the end?

james

Comments
Qi Li commented Jun 27 '12, 1:48 p.m. | edited Jul 04 '12, 3:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi James,

Thanks for your quick reply! the case is that I have some task-type work items with their resolution set to "fixed" in a project named "Qi Li Project" on Bluestg, I will take one of these work items as an example: 

In the LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT dataset I have:

WI_ITEMID="_M6xnILvvEeGDhq61G_6qUQ"
WI_ID="266462"
PROJECT_AREA_ITEMID="_mWphurWmEeG0L5pVvCZgdA"
RESOLUTION="1"

So in the  RESOLUTION  dataset I tried to find a row whose RESOLUTION_ID="_mWphurWmEeG0L5pVvCZgdAr1", but it returned no rows found

Thanks!

Qi Li

James Moody commented Jun 29 '12, 2:47 p.m. | edited Jul 04 '12, 3:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Qi,

If you just create a data set on the resolution table and preview the results in the BIRT editor, what do you see? Can you confirm that some resolutions are in there?

james

Qi Li commented Jun 29 '12, 6:58 p.m. | edited Jul 04 '12, 3:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi James,

When I preview the results, I can see all resolution IDs (RESOLUTION_ID) and their corresponding names (WI_RESOLUTION). The number of the returned results are large, so I added a filter (RESOLUTION_ID="_mWphurWmEeG0L5pVvCZgdAr1") in order to see whether the "Fixed" resolution in "Qi Li Project" exists in the RESOLUTION table or not, but it returns no rows found... that is why I am confused with the combination of RESOLUTION_ID.

Thank you again!

Qi

James Moody commented Jul 04 '12, 2:08 p.m. | edited Jul 04 '12, 3:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you give me an example of a resolution id that it does find? Do any of them include the UUID of the project area you're interested in? What are the value(s) after the "r"?

Qi Li commented Jul 04 '12, 3:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The case is that I have some task-type work items with their resolution set to "fixed" in a project named "Qi Li Project" on Bluestg, I will take one of these work items as an example:

In the LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT dataset I have:

WI_ITEMID="_M6xnILvvEeGDhq61G_6qUQ" WI_ID="266462" PROJECT_AREA_ITEMID="_mWphurWmEeG0L5pVvCZgdA" RESOLUTION="1"

So in the RESOLUTION dataset I tried to find a row whose RESOLUTION_ID="_mWphurWmEeG0L5pVvCZgdAr1", but it returned no rows found

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Jul 05 '12, 10:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I guess my question is, if you remove your filter, what resolutions do you actually see in the warehouse?

Comments
Qi Li commented Jul 05 '12, 1:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi James,

If I remove the filter, there are more than 500 records, just two typical examples for RESOLUTION_ID are:

_lh0fsKIJEd6nV4GVCz8vZgr1 _lh0fsKIJEd6nV4GVCz8vZgrcom.ibm.team.workitem.planitemWorkflow.resolution.r5

It seems it is in the form of PROJECT_AREA_ITEMID + "r" + RESOLUTION, but my questions is why I can't find the one whose RESOLUTION_ID="_mWphurWmEeG0L5pVvCZgdAr1"

Thanks!

Qi Li

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.