It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

It's so odd designed in RTC3.0 when using BIRT, lead to can't use Report Parameters.

Guo Feng Xie (15179) | asked Jun 27 '13, 2:24 a.m.
edited Jul 12 '13, 6:32 p.m. by Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431)
Question 1: In WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT:  LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT table: The Column of WI_TYPE is like "factorytasktemplate", The Column of STATE_NAME is  like "ApplicationFactoryWorkflow.state.s1"(God knows what state name it is).
Then, In WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT:  WORKITEM_STATES table:  The Column of WI_TYPE is like "Task", The Column of STATE_NAME is  like "Complete".(This table maybe is about History data) . Why does it designed like that?
Now I want to show the simple name just like "Task, Complete" in my Report Paramters, by using them to find out the information of Live WorkItems. Could you pls teach me how to do it?
Thanks  a lot.

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Jul 12 '13, 6:32 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Kevin Ramer commented Jul 13 '13, 7:12 a.m.

Those strings (factorytasktemplate, ApplicationFactoryWorkflow.state.s1) are in one of the project areas.   The first is likely a user-provided identifier for a custom work item type or an alias to an existing work item type.  The 2nd is RTC's idiom for creating identifiers for work flows and enumerations.   Both work flow states and enumerations have back-end (identifier) and front-end (name) parts. 

You will find both of those in Project Configuration Source for at least 1 project area (or in the history of Project Source)

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.