It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI Report with RTC (object release)

jean-claude vauthier (22634957) | asked Mar 11 '13, 10:41 a.m.
retagged Mar 11 '13, 3:12 p.m. by Brian Fleming (1.6k11928)
 Hello,

I have a RTC Workitem with the attribute Found In "Release".

I have another attribut in this workitem type Fix In  "Release".

The release value can be different for the attribute Found In and Fix In

Is it possible with RRDI Report Studio to get the value of the release behind the Found in and Fix In attribute ? 

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Mar 11 '13, 3:11 p.m.
If you are using the out of the box attribute for Found In, you will find both the id and name of the release under Reporting Data Model -> Operational Data Store -> Request Area -> Request.  The location of custom attributes depends on the data type, but if they are Strings, you will find them under Reporting Data Model -> Operational Data Store -> Request Area -> Request String Extension

Comments
jean-claude vauthier commented Mar 12 '13, 8:53 a.m.

Are you sure of that ?

Under "Request" where I have all the information about the WI, I have a field "Name for  Fix In Release" and "Id for Fix In Release".  In the same way I have  "Name for Found In Release".  When I run the report I have "info not available" in the column "Name for Fix In Release" while the release is displayed properly in the column "Name for Found In Release".    I have found nothing which corresponds to my attribute "Fix In" which references a RTC release either in Request Medium String Extension or Request Large String Extension  or Request String Extension.

It makes sense to me because the release is a predefined  RTC object different from a custom enumeration or a custom attributes and by default referenced by the "Found In" attribute.  It looks like the difficulty comes when you add a second attribute in your Work Item which also references a release.

Brian Fleming commented Mar 12 '13, 9:53 a.m.

Got it - so "Fix In" is defined in your process template as type "Deliverable".  Custom attributes of this type are not exposed via the reportable REST API and so will not be available in the data warehouse, but this is planned to be added in 4.0.3.  See Plan Item 242806

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.