It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Delete the value of a category

Ian Doolittle (611) | asked Jun 22 '12, 2:29 p.m.
Hey,

I am using Quality Manager Version: 3.0.1.2 wi67376 - 20120510.  To help progress the test, we are copying a large number of suites and creating new records.  I know that there is a way to do a mass update from one category value to another.  I was wondering if there was a way to delete the current value of a category in a suite without deleting the category all together. 

For Example,
Suite Number: 12345
Category: ABC
Value: Alpha
New Suite: 98765
Category: ABC
New Value: Currently is Alpha but should be unassigned.

Thank you in advance. 

One answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jun 23 '12, 9:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ian,
In such case, when you open Test Suite, an red icon will be shown next to the category which has been deleted. Hover mouse over it and it will say "Category Alpha has been deleted, please select another category."
The category will also be shown in drop down with strike through case. I think the idea is to allow to reassign category easy in such case, because if it changed to "Unassigned" you will find difficult what was earlier value and mapping to new value will not have any hint. To search all Test Suite with "Alpha" value, use this as search text, because in category filter it will not show up any more.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.