It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

TER Listing is returning invalid number of TERs

Shonda Carter (122) | asked Jun 11 '15, 9:29 a.m.
I am using the RQM Web client V5.0.2

When I run a TER Listing report, an incorrect number of TERs is being reported.  Either the number of TERs is returning extremely low or slightly higher than it should be.  My team is using Test Suites to execute the test cases.  I have carefully looked at each test suite to determine the number of execution records that I expect to return in a TER Listing.

I am selecting
Reports -> Shared Reports -> Execution -> TER Listing
I have selected the Test Plan, the Iteration and All of the TCER States
After this, I have run the report and exported it to an excel file.
After I edit the file, I see an invalid number of TERs.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to get around it?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 12 '15, 2:53 a.m.
This would very hard to pin-point what's wrong. The report has 15+ parameters and you will need to count the number based on all the filters you selected to generate the number, which to me it is very error prone.
For example, test plan in this report is a required parameter but TCER may not have test plan set at all, therefore counting TCER manually in the test suite with no test plan and with testplan could be challenging.
Another possible problem is that one test case can have multiple TCERs, if executing a test case with one TCER, next time the default TCER will become that previously executed TCER, in the multiple TCERs situation, counting a right TCER(the one used in Test Suite running) and then determine whether it is meeting the criteria you selected in the report becomes even harder. Just some thoughts to share here. thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.