It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RFT Adaptor v8.2.2 not connecting to RQM after license change

Carlos Santiago (311) | asked Jun 19 '12, 12:40 p.m.
retagged Jun 19 '12, 11:14 p.m. by Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220)

After changing the license in RQM v3.0.1.1 from temporary to token the RFT Adapter stopped connecting. I get the following error "Unable to register the adapter with RQM".

Any ideas? It worked with the temporary license just fine.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jun 19 '12, 11:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 21 '12, 4:04 a.m.
Hi Carlos,
To help me further can you get following more details
1. Try to connect a command line adapter from same machine. (see at C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\qm\adapters\RQMCommandLineAdapter.zip) How to run it?

2. What license is given to the user
3. What permissions are available to user specially -> Adapter registration and Lab resource creation.

Carlos Santiago selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Carlos Santiago commented Jun 20 '12, 11:54 a.m. | edited Jun 20 '12, 11:57 a.m.

Pramod,

Thank you for responding. It appears that my client did not give me all the details. Along with RFT not connecting there were also some DB errors present that indicated that there was no space in the database.

A DB Admin took a look and resized the repositories and the DB and everything started responding as it should have. So it wasn't RFT not connecting but rather an RQM DB issue.

Again, thank you for responding.

Carlos

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.