It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Roundtable

Manoj Panda (39336662) | asked Jun 19 '12, 12:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
retagged Jun 19 '12, 1:23 p.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)

Roundtable® Team provides a complete system for tracking and managing ongoing changes to development projects, application source code and related files. Powered by Progress OpenEdge technology.

My question , anybody tried to migrate to RTC. Is there any option we can use both RTC and Roundtable.

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 19 '12, 1:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

given that OpenEdge seems to be a proprietary repository with all tools bundled within, I wonder what actually could be migrated to RTC ?
I could see a use case for possibly migrating tasks, defects, etc. But if you wanted to migrate versioned content, then that content would have to be able to live without the repository, in a flat file system. Basically, if you could principally migrate any parts of OpenEdge change management to any other change / version tool, you can migrate to RTC.

That said, the integration / coexistence story sounds like a better option. The jazz way of integrating tools into a coherent ALM web would be to use OSLC.

There is a free workshop on how to integrate RTC / Jazz based tools with other tools via OSLC. If OpenEdge has a webservice based API or supports calling webservices from its change management tools, then that is a viable route to explore.

- Arne

P.S.: can you please close your other question and mark it as duplicate of this one? Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.