It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JIRA attribute fetch and create a workitem in RTC using OSLC

Chandan M B (1133574) | asked Jul 01 '15, 7:50 a.m.
edited Jul 01 '15, 2:13 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi ,
I need to fetch the attributes of JIRA and create a workitem in RTC through OSLC. Is it possible?
Please let me know the procedure.

Regards,
Chandan

Comments
Abraham Sweiss commented Jul 01 '15, 1:39 p.m.

Hello, Chandan,

It should be possible however i would suggest not recreating the wheel and investigate using RLIA Tasktop edition which can sync up RTC and JIRA workitems.

-Abraham

2 answers

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29337) | answered Jul 07 '15, 9:12 a.m.
Chandan,
You could use RLIA Tasktop edition to sync between JIRA and RTC. However, that solution would assume you want to continue to use both planning tools, and keep the data synchronized between them. RLIA allows you to configure the synchronization mappings in order to translate change requests between the two tools.

However, if what you want to do is migrate from one tool to another, preserving existing data, then you need an ETL script that reads data from the source tool, converts it as needed to be consistent with the target tool, and writes to the target tool. OSLC could certainly do this since it defines a standard way of reading and writing change requests from OSLC Configuration Management providers, and a standard definition of a Change Request item. But there may be other solutions that involve import/export using XML or CSV files.

A google search for Migrating from JIRA to RTC may provide some additional information. In particular, see https://jazz.net/forum/questions/34969/migrate-jira-to-rtc.

permanent link
Beth Beese (312) | answered Jul 22 '15, 12:04 p.m.
 Hello Chandan-

I couldn't agree more with Jim's feedback! If you want to learn more about the Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters-Tasktop Edition, look here:

http://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/gsd/solutiondetails.do?&solution=46335&lc=en

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions!
Thanks and Best
b

Beth Beese 
| Business Development Manager | Tasktop Technologies
phone: 647-938-3759
| web: task top.com | skype: beth.beese-tasktop

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.