It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get Build "Activities" from RTC using OSLC

Dale Hille (16125) | asked Apr 30 '13, 5:46 p.m.
retagged May 24 '13, 7:08 p.m. by Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351)
When looking at build results using the RTC web client I'm able to see tabs like "Overview", "Activities", "Compilation", "Downloads" and a few others.   Screenshot

With help from this question I am able to get most of the build results data shown at the web client using OSLC.  However, I'm not sure how to get data from the "Activities" section.

Is there a way to get information from the "Activities" section of a particular build using OSLC?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jul 17 '13, 11:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dale, sorry for the delay in responding.  While one can list contributions to a build via the OSLC Automation API, there's no way to list activities currently (they're treated differently than contributions in the RTC Build model).

It's possible to list activities using the REST interface that services our web UI, if you know the build result UUID (the UUID in the automation result link).  e.g. here's the actitivies resource for our 4.0.3 rtc.jcb build (the query arg is just for debugging):
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/virtual/build/activities/_901dIL9EEeKLr8jDj3OJ2w?_prettyPrint=true

Note that the response is in JSON, which may be different than the representation you're using for OSLC queries.
Dale Hille selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nick Edgar commented Jul 17 '13, 11:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

We can consider including activities in the OSLC Automation representation, perhaps as contributions.  I'm not sure it makes sense to overload the spec's notion of contributions in that way, but I don't see any other means of adding them given the current spec.  I think there's work afoot in OSLC to capture the general notion of activities, so we should check into that.  Feel free to file an enhancement request against RTC/Build.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.