It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does Bluestg server support BIRT spider chart?

Qi Li (1351718) | asked Jun 18 '12, 3:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have generated a report using spider chart, it looks good locally, but when I put it on the Bluestg server, it doesn't show up, the error message is "internal error"...

I am trying to debug this, this is what I found: If I change the chart type to "bar" or "line" chart", the Bluestg server can generate reports, only not work for spider chart. I doubt the Bluestg is not supporting spider chart. is it because the server has a lower version of BIRT that doesn't support spider chart? 

Please let me know how you think about this? am my guess correct? Thanks very much!

Qi Li

One answer

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Jun 18 '12, 4:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not familiar with spider charts. There are two possibilities:

1. You're designing the report with a newer version of BIRT than is running on bluestg. 
Or, more likely,
2. The implementation of spider charts is in some BIRT plug-in that is not part of our deployed server.

If #2 is the case, we may be able to add whichever plugins are required into our foundation packaging. We'd have to take a look at this - could you open an enhancement request in the Jazz Foundation project area, filed against Reporting?

Thanks,

james

Comments
Qi Li commented Jun 18 '12, 4:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

James,

Thank you for your quick reply! I have put it as an enhancement.my Birt version is 2.6.2

Best

Qi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.