It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Copy folder Structure within the same Requirements container

Davit Grigoryan (271710) | asked Jun 18 '12, 9:30 a.m.
I want to recreate folder structure within the same container without creating new project area within RRC 3.0.1 

Is there a way to do this in 3.0.1 or in 4.0 version?

2 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jun 19 '12, 4:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, I know of  no easy way to repeat the folder structure in the same project.

In RRC V3, there is the ability to create project templates, that can include the folder structure, so that any new RRC project can be created based upon a template. In V4, this was extended so project templates can be export/import between RRC repositories, but copying the folder structure and pasting it in the same project I am not aware of any tricks.

permanent link
Davit Grigoryan (271710) | answered Jun 19 '12, 10:20 p.m.
Thanks Robin! Actually in RRC 4.0 you could accomplish the above functionality is by using the Requirements Interchange Format (ReqIF, provided in RRC 4.0). You can create your project and folder structure as you want it for orgnaisation. Then create single requirement artifacts in each one of the folders. Use the ReqIF facility to export the dummy artifacts to a ReqIF file that can be used to import and create a new folder structure based on the original. Once you've imported it then you can simply run a project query on the dummy artifacts and then remove them with a multi artifact delete.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.