It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Editing ANY work item attribute gives error related to another attribute in RTC

Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | asked Jun 18 '12, 5:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have users with a custom role for which I denied to modify a certain custom attribute.
However, when they attempt to edit ANY attribute, the users will receive errors indicating they cannot create work items or they cannot edit a separate field (which they are not trying to edit).

Is this a bug or expected behavior?

Sample scenario I use:
1 - create a PA - SCRUM Template
2 - add yourself with all roles and a "basic" user with team member role
3 - deny permission to modify any property of a workitem to everyone and team member role
4 - create 2 Teams - add yourself with all roles - do not add basic user to TAs - associate each TA with a to be created  category
5 - logged as yourself - create and resolve a task - save
6 - log-out and log-in using basic user
7 - try and change the filed against attribute: error is raised - expected - but advisor states:
In order to carry out this operation, you would need permission to perform the following additional actions:  Action: ID:  Modify the work item's summary modify/summary  Modify the work item's subscriptions modify/subscriptions  Modify the work item's 'Filed Against' attribute modify/category  Modify the work item's description modify/description  Modify the work item's owner modify/owner

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jun 18 '12, 5:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This behavior is similar to the one described in this thread.
The same answer applies.

Roles / Permissions are documented in:
https://jazz.net/library/article/292
and https://jazz.net/library/article/291
and summarized in 152767 at comments 40, 41 and 42

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.