It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT reports on RTC

David de Diego (1156) | asked Sep 28 '11, 4:56 a.m.
Hi, I have some doubts related to BIRT reports in RTC.Just now we have to develop customized reports for customer needs, for that we are evaluating BIRT as the fast way and best approach but I'm not sure if any kind of BIRT report could be deployed and invoked from RTC.

What I mean is:

1.- Could I invoke a BIRT report developed as stand alone BIRT report and deployed as web application in the application server ? if it was possible, how I could insert the report template into RTC?
2.- If I had to develop the BIRT report following the development paths for RTC:
- Could I use predefined RTC queries as DataSet in the template or I have to use the RTC tables defined in RTC Data Model?
- Could I use any kind of BIRT Dataset to query other kind of sources, something like Web Service?

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Sep 28 '11, 6:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I have some doubts related to BIRT reports in RTC.Just now we have to develop customized reports for customer needs, for that we are evaluating BIRT as the fast way and best approach but I'm not sure if any kind of BIRT report could be deployed and invoked from RTC.

What I mean is:

1.- Could I invoke a BIRT report developed as stand alone BIRT report and deployed as web application in the application server ? if it was possible, how I could insert the report template into RTC?
2.- If I had to develop the BIRT report following the development paths for RTC:
- Could I use predefined RTC queries as DataSet in the template or I have to use the RTC tables defined in RTC Data Model?
- Could I use any kind of BIRT Dataset to query other kind of sources, something like Web Service?

I don't have direct answers for you - but have you looked at this series of articles on developerWorks - it covers using RTC and BIRT

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/10/creating-customizable-reports-for-data-processing-using-rational-team-concert-and-birt-1/index.html

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.