It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deinstalling a failed RTC Shell Extension Installation

Daniel Stefan Haischt (21412322) | asked Jun 14 '12, 10:24 a.m.

Hi,

I am trying to install the GA version of the RTC Windows shell extension. Unfortunatly the system had a previous RC snapshot already installed and the de-installation was unsuccessful. Tho, the Installation Manager entry has been removed.

Because of this it's not possible to install the more recent GA version. I suppose there are leftovers which were not deleted during the unsuccessful deinstallation cycle.

How to remove these kind of leftovers manually to get to a state where the GA driver of the shell extension could be installed?

Cheers

Daniel

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 14 '12, 2:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Daniel,

I believe this was a defect in 4.0 M7 regarding clean uninstall of shell explorer on 64bit Windows 7. There is a .zip file attached to the defect or linked that will clean the registry.
Does this solve your problem? If not, please do open a defect on jazz.net and reference the team who worked on above defect in the comments.

- Arne
Daniel Stefan Haischt selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Daniel Stefan Haischt commented Jun 15 '12, 4:18 a.m.

Hi Arne,

thanks for your quick reply. Using the registry cleaner ZIP helped indeed to get rid of the leftovers belonging to a previous, older installation.

Cheers Daniel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.