It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Restricted Access" behaviour in RTC work items

Rob Logie (33825041) | asked Jun 13 '12, 8:22 p.m.
I have been doing some testing with the new "Restricted Access" feature that enables access to work items to be restricted to a group

If I create a work item, assign it to a access group, that work item becomes invisible and not accessible to users who are not in the access group... except for the person who created the work item.

If a user creates a work item and assigns it to a access group I seem to get some strange behaviour.   If the user runs a quick query the work item is hidden from them.  If the user runs a full query it seems that the work item is viable to them and they can open the work item, even though they are not in the access group.  Note in the test I did the user who created the work item did not have the work item assigned to them.  This behaviour seems a little strange and maybe dangerous.  Has anyone else noticed this behaviour or can clarify it ?

If a user did not create the work item and is not a member of the access group then the work item is invisible to them, which is expected behaviour.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 14 '12, 12:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You shouldn't be able to see/use an access group if you are not a member of it, unless you belong to the JazzAdmin repository group (in which case, you should not be affected by access group visibility restrictions). Are you a member of the JazzAdmin repository permission group?
Jared Burns selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rob Logie commented Jun 14 '12, 1:10 a.m. | edited Jun 14 '12, 7:33 p.m.

Hi

That's it.  The test ID was a member of Jazz Admins.  I also noticed that if a ID is not a member of a access group then it cannot assign a work item to the access group.  In fact they cannot see the access group in the access group list.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.