It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item Approval Query Functionality

Timothy Distel (73356) | asked Jun 06 '19, 2:52 p.m.

Hello,

I am using CLM 6.0.6.

I want to create a query which pulls the work items that don't have an approval of a particular name. What I believe to be some key information is that the way we use our environment, work items will have more than one approval. These queries can be created if it is enforced that every work item only have one approval, however it seems to not be possible to create this query having more than one approval on a work item.

Instead of finding all of the work items that don't have an approval of a certain name, you find all of the work items that have an approval of any name other than what was specified.

Is there any way this can be mitigated other than executing a second query to find what needs to be manually filtered from the other?

Comments
Timothy Distel commented Jun 07 '19, 6:28 a.m.

From a developer's perspective, how feasible would it be to add a condition to provide this query functionality?

Timothy Distel commented Jun 07 '19, 8:53 a.m.

There are a lot of RFE's linked to this particular RFE requesting the same thing.

There are more that aren't linked but across the 4 requests that are, there is a lot of support shown - over 80 people voting for this functionality. My concern is that because the interest is captured in so many different items, the gauge for interest may be off. How can I follow up on an RFE to have it considered for implementation again?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 07 '19, 9:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 07 '19, 10:14 a.m.

My understanding is that the RFE Community https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/ is what product management has to look at. They may consider an enhancement request in RTC. I think you should create an RFE and refer back to the enhancement requests.

It has always been a problem for query engines to handle multiple values, however I also agree that there are issues with the approval story that exists today. Especially for querying, reporting and other automation. 

Timothy Distel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Timothy Distel commented Jun 07 '19, 1:10 p.m.

Thank you Ralph, I appreciate the link. I'll submit an RFE and reference the past enhancement requests. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.