It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

New artifact template basics

Amy Tennent (133) | asked Jun 04 '12, 11:14 a.m.
Per doc -

Open a project, click the drop-down menu at the Administration icon and select Manage Project Properties. An administrative page opens.

However, when I login - I dont see Manager Project Properties, any idea?

Comments
Chris Goldthorpe commented Jun 05 '12, 12:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you tell us more about what page you are on when you are trying to open this menu? The menu will only show from the project dashboard of a Quality Management Projects or Requirements Management project. It will not show if you are in a project area editor or in a Configuration and Change Management project area.

Amy Tennent commented Jun 05 '12, 1:49 p.m.

Per doc I am trying to upload a new artifact template. I have admin permission, doc says to select admin icon and select project properties, however, when i select I only see manage templates and manage project area

2 answers

permanent link
William Andreas (136) | answered Jun 04 '12, 11:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Likely you do not have any admin privileges for the project (you can't manage project properties unless you are privileged to do so).

Comments
Amy Tennent commented Jun 05 '12, 10:30 a.m.

I have administrator permissions, what permission do I need to see above?

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jun 06 '12, 7:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_manage_artifact_templates.html

In addition to the project membership "administrator" role, the JazzUser repository permission is needed as well as a Analyst license.  Do you have all of these? If so I do not know what might be the problem.

Now on the "Manage Project Properties" admin page, the creation and editing of project templates are a special case, an additional JazzAdmin repository permission is needed. This permission is not needed for artifact templates.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.