It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC process configration files include deleted data

Shirley Jhirad (514151) | asked May 04 '14, 11:53 a.m.
Hi,

I have noticed that the RRC project area process configuration files also includes deleted settings.
For example, the specification file includes old roles that were removed prior to the export of the process configuration.

Did anyone encounter that or has knowledge on what is saved in the process configuration?

Thanks,

Shirley 

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 04 '14, 11:17 p.m.
Hi Shirley,
Did you mean "process template" when you said "process configuration"? There are at least two places where you can export/download process templates and you get different things and you need to be careful.
1. In the Project Area Management page.
That's where you can modify the roles, permission and etc. There is a link "Export Process Template" right next to the "Explorer Project" link. Following this link, you _should_ get a process template including all customization that you have done in the project area.
2. In the Process Template Management page.
Unless you have imported any custom templates (or the project area is based on a custom template), there is only one process template which is named "Rational Requirements Server Template" with ID "RRSTemplateID". This is the predefined one and it will not get changed no matter what you do in the project area.

Comments
Shirley Jhirad commented May 08 '14, 9:00 a.m.

Hi Donald,

Thanks for the answer.
I Mean the 1st option you described. It contains also history records of roles that were deleted prior to the export of the process. i'm not sure is this is by design?!

Donald Nong commented May 09 '14, 1:59 a.m.

Hi Shirley,

I do not see this problem in my environment. I mean, if I add a new role, I can see the role in the exported template, and if I remove it, it will not show up in the exported template.
If you extract the exported template (the .zip file) and view the specification.txt file, what is the content of the <role-definitions> node? It is located at the top of the file.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.