It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Release Progress Bar calculation

Paula Izaurralde (6122628) | asked May 31 '12, 1:35 p.m.
Can anyone point me out to some documentation to understand how exactly does the release progress bar work? I've an issue with a release plan. It just started and it says we are behind in almost the 50% of the story points.

2 answers

permanent link
Sharoon Shetty Kuriyala (55133) | answered Jun 01 '12, 5:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you look at  https://jazz.net/library/article/586 for details of the progress bar calculation? Can you share more details of your release plan? How many stories are planned? When did the release start and when does it end? Also the resource allocation on the plan.

Comments
Paula Izaurralde commented Jun 04 '12, 1:20 p.m.

Sure, The release iteration started on May, 21st and ends on Nov, 30th. There are 12 epics, 114 user stories, 3 Requirements (custom work item) and 9 defects. Resource allocation is as follows: 14 teams (some of them are joining in the middle of the release). I'll ready the article you sent me. Thanks a bunch

Paula Izaurralde commented Jun 04 '12, 4:03 p.m.

I read the article, and now I have another question. The article mentions that, in order to be capable of projecting a plan's progress, RTC uses remaining work time and past work time. Is there anywhere I can obtain such data without having to calculate it manually? If not, how do I calculate it? Do I need to go to each team member's profile to see the work environment? there are a lot of team members in my project :(

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k54345) | answered Jun 05 '12, 6:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The load bar or the progress bar can be enabled @ the user level that way it will show the load/progress for each users. In the plan configuration add bars and select which bar you want to see.
If its a Formal project then there is a separate Resources tab in the plan editor to show the allocation percentages and load for each user.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.