It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exporting an Excel spreadsheet from an RTC 2.0 Query page

Kalyanaraman K (3634) | asked May 21 '12, 10:30 a.m.
Hi,

I want to be able to track the line items using a spreadsheet, as we are getting into Agile. However, the icon on the top right -Download as Spreadsheet (.csv) option does not work. Nothing happens when I click on the icon-not even an error message.

On one or two occasions, I right clicked a page of "line items" and saw the Export as Excel option, and was able to open an empty Excel sheet. I went through Data> Import External Data> Edit Query, but the page did not populate. I got a Javascript error. My Java settings are intact.

My question is, does RTC 2.0 support the generation or export of a spreadsheet, with all the formatting intact? Or a CSV file, with minimum formatting? Please note that I am not referring to the Report generation option, but instead, a query page, from where I want an Excel sheet.
Thank you. Thelonius Monk

5 answers

permanent link
Daniel Pool (2644) | answered May 21 '12, 11:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thelonius,

Run a query in the web UI. Note the name of the query.
Click the "Download as Spreadsheet (.csv)" button as you said.
Look in your downloads folder for a .csv file with the name of the query.

Jelly Roll Morton.

permanent link
Kalyanaraman K (3634) | answered May 22 '12, 1:06 a.m.
Hi Jelly,

Thank you for responding. My main issue is that nothing happens when I click the Download as Spreadsheet (.csv)" button. Either I should get an error message or a Download window from Firefox, or something similar. In the status bar below, too nothing happens. I am beginning to wonder if there is a Microsoft enabled setting I should ensure, to be able to connect to the Excel download command.

regards
Thelonius

permanent link
Daniel Pool (2644) | answered May 22 '12, 3:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For some reason this is not working for me in IE but it is working in Firefox and Chrome. IE shows the download button as grayed out. So I will continue to investigate. But in the meantime if you try it with Firefox or Chrome it might work for you.

permanent link
Daniel Pool (2644) | answered May 23 '12, 5:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I cannot find documentation on exactly what setting needs to be changed to allow .csv downloads on IE. I am running IE 9 and used the fixit tool provided by Microsoft to reset IE. This worked for me. Take a look at:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Note that this will reset all your browser settings, and not just the ones for controlling .csv downloads.

permanent link
Don Schiessler (1) | answered Jul 26 '12, 8:59 a.m.
When I am in the create query or edit query mode the button does nothing, however if I save the query and run it through the My Queries option, the button is enabled and works if that helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.