It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RTC with Datastage?

Kurt Solarte (1633) | asked May 17 '12, 8:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Does anyone have any specific whitepapers or supporting information on the use of RTC with integration to DataStage, and subsequent support for Automated Deployment in to DWH environments maybe with Buildforge or other auto deploy tool

Comments
Rob Logie commented Sep 04 '12, 8:43 p.m. | edited Jan 15 '17, 2:33 p.m.

Hi Kurt, Did you ever get a solution to use RTC with Datastage ?

Thx

Rob

Kurt Solarte commented Sep 04 '12, 9:38 p.m. | edited Jan 15 '17, 2:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Nope!

Fahad Javaid commented Nov 02 '16, 1:47 p.m. | edited Jan 15 '17, 2:32 p.m.

Hi Rob,

I am currently struggling with the same kind of integration. Did anyone succeeded?

2 answers

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered Sep 04 '12, 9:53 p.m.

Comments
Rob Logie commented Sep 05 '12, 8:07 p.m. | edited Jan 15 '17, 2:33 p.m.

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.  Unfortunately it looks like there is no way to integrate newer versions of RTC with the Datastage development tool as the development tool is based on Eclipse 3.3.

It is unfortunate that when they release new versions RTC they do not release versions of the Eclipse RTC plugin backward compatible with older versions of eclipse that so many dev tools still use.

permanent link
Rob Logie (33825041) | answered Sep 18 '12, 5:20 p.m.
 Hi
I got some  information about Integration of Datastage and RTC.

in 8.5, ISM has eclipse 3.3
in 8.7, ISM has eclipse 3.6
Upcoming ISM release will still be eclipse 3.6 based.
The upcoming release will apparently be certified with RTC as apparently there is a small look and feel compatibly issue with the ISM UI and the RTC plugins in version 8.5 & 8.7.  

I have no information on the time frame of the upcoming release.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.