It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plan - Schedule Calculation

VK L (8177157159) | asked May 16 '12, 5:23 a.m.
Hi All,
I have a plan in the Scrum template - customized to include formal planning. The schedule variance and roadmap views are showing all the open items (State - New) in red -> meaning critical. But actually the due dates for these items is somewhere in september. Even accumulated time is not reflecting exactly.
Could this be a configuration problem? Which all settings needs to be re-validated in the process configuration?

thanks.

4 answers

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered May 16 '12, 8:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All,
I have a plan in the Scrum template - customized to include formal planning. The schedule variance and roadmap views are showing all the open items (State - New) in red -> meaning critical. But actually the due dates for these items is somewhere in september. Even accumulated time is not reflecting exactly.
Could this be a configuration problem? Which all settings needs to be re-validated in the process configuration?

thanks.

Hi, Valli.

Did you review this article? https://jazz.net/library/article/572

Check comment #2 and some of the later ones -- some of the originally considered customizations (that you may be trying to use) are no longer supported.

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered May 17 '12, 5:22 a.m.
Thanks Millard. I have removed the formal planning attributes and sticking to scrum template now. The problem that i see is:

My plan ends in dec 2012, and my milestone item ends in dec 2012
1 of my detailed task - due-date is 7th june - so it should be shown in roadmap - to show that its target is 7 june (accumulated time - symbol). But it says it is planned to be completed in dec 2012 and its showing the whole plan gantt chart with bars from the plan start to end date.

Why is this behaviour? Ideally i would expect the gantt chart to be based on the defined start and due dates at item-level. could you please help me with this?

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered May 17 '12, 10:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks Millard. I have removed the formal planning attributes and sticking to scrum template now. The problem that i see is:

My plan ends in dec 2012, and my milestone item ends in dec 2012
1 of my detailed task - due-date is 7th june - so it should be shown in roadmap - to show that its target is 7 june (accumulated time - symbol). But it says it is planned to be completed in dec 2012 and its showing the whole plan gantt chart with bars from the plan start to end date.

Why is this behaviour? Ideally i would expect the gantt chart to be based on the defined start and due dates at item-level. could you please help me with this?

If you removed the Formal stuff, how do you still have a Milestone item? When you say "detailed task", do you mean Task or do you have some customizations? Ultimately, I'll need to be able to see what you see in order to understand/explain what is happening.

If you will, can you make a new project area that is only Scrum, add just enough data to reproduce your case and see if it still happens? Then you could share that data with me so that I can investigate.

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered May 18 '12, 7:04 a.m.
Thanks Millarde. i have mailed you all the details.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.