It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

changeset alias numbers

Serge Blokhin (26711) | asked Apr 30 '12, 6:33 p.m.
hi,
i am using scm for my application.
i see from time to time that earlier changesets can have smaller alias number than the later one, it does not happen often but it happens. Since my application relies on the order of the changesets i was wondering, if there is a way to get changeset list ordered by time if its not possible to get 'em orderd by alias number?
i assume that command "scm history" does show changesets ordered by time but the timestamp is not displayed so i was hoping that there is a way to show that changeset timestamp , the way its shown in web UI at least?
Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 01 '12, 12:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi,
i am using scm for my application.
i see from time to time that earlier changesets can have smaller alias number than the later one, it does not happen often but it happens. Since my application relies on the order of the changesets i was wondering, if there is a way to get changeset list ordered by time if its not possible to get 'em orderd by alias number?
i assume that command "scm history" does show changesets ordered by time but the timestamp is not displayed so i was hoping that there is a way to show that changeset timestamp , the way its shown in web UI at least?
Thanks
Don't rely on the alias. This can change from session to session. It is a temporary id that helps you during your session but isn't guaranteed to always be the same.

I would use the scm history command and the order that you get is the order it is in the stream. The change set time doesn't tell you much since it can't be ordered by time. It's not always true that an earlier change set is ordered before a later one. It all depends on when it enters history. The timestamp represents when the change set was last changed.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 03 '12, 9:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/138819

This just changed for 4.0. The dates will be displayed when using 'scm history'.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.