It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use password file in scm login

kiren sk (1527) | asked May 01 '16, 8:22 a.m.
retagged Jan 20 '17, 2:38 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Its a mystery for me how to use the password file in the scm login command . 

given for all the questions asked like this. But that is not a clear answer on how to generate certificate .
Please consider dumb users like me too...

If they can generate password file in jbe why not use the same password file in scm also.

Kindly help me in a easier solution for generating certificate and using.

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered May 01 '16, 9:59 p.m.
Note that these are two different features.

If you would like to use a client certificate (as mentioned in the linked article), you will need your security team to generate such certificate for each user. You generate a client certificate in a way almost the same as generating a server certificate. Basically the certificate verifies the identity of the holder (be it a machine or a person). Due to security concern, you should have a CA to sign off such certificates. The certificate file does not contain a password.

If you want to use a password file with SCM, such feature is not yet available. The enhancement work item is still open, and the closest "solution" you can get is mentioned in the latest comment (#39) in this work item.
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/295660

kiren sk selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alan Sampson commented Jan 10 '17, 6:38 p.m. | edited Jan 10 '17, 6:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The password file feature has been added to 6.0.3. See https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSYMRC_6.0.3/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/login.html for details.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.