It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Scheduling Variance Option for Work Items

anoop mc (74811200221) | asked Apr 26 '12, 2:54 a.m.
Is there a Scheduling Variance Option for Work Items available in RTC

This was a request came from one of the manager - they wanted to find the variance with respect to the scheduled date of a WI and the new date of a WI.

Let me know if you have any suggestions ...

3 answers

permanent link
anoop mc (74811200221) | answered Apr 26 '12, 2:58 a.m.
Is there a Scheduling Variance Option for Work Items available in RTC

This was a request came from one of the manager - they wanted to find the variance with respect to the scheduled date of a WI and the new date of a WI.

Let me know if you have any suggestions ...

Here is one suggestion I got from one of my colleague

if you want the variance to get calculated automatically, it is not possible by default instead we have to create a report based on the actual effort vs planned effort.

permanent link
Pavithra Kasturirangan (42956056) | answered Apr 26 '12, 5:07 a.m.

if you want the variance to get calculated automatically, it is not possible by default instead we have to create a report based on the actual effort vs planned effort.

To me this still doesn't seem to be enough. The report gives the data for the iteration and not specific to the workitems. When it is required to track the iteration, one will definitely want to track it on the workitem basis.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811200221) | answered Apr 27 '12, 6:36 a.m.

To me this still doesn't seem to be enough. The report gives the data for the iteration and not specific to the workitems. When it is required to track the iteration, one will definitely want to track it on the workitem basis.

Can anyone suggest how to find the effort variance based on a work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.