It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team dashboard not showing up in Public Dashboards

Roger Persson (31118) | asked Mar 11 '10, 2:12 a.m.
We have a project consisting of two teams Team1 and Team2 (more are envisioned).

The team dashboard for Team1 is included in the Public Dashboard list but Team2 is not. Team2 has a dashboard, it is possible to find in All Dashboards.

How do I get Team2 to also be included in the Public Dashboards?

Team1 is on the default project timeline but Team2 is on another timeline as they have a different work cycle. Could this be an issue?

We are using RTC 2.0.0.2.

/Roger

3 answers

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Mar 11 '10, 11:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Roger

The "Public Dashboards" section within the left nav area shows all the team areas that the currently logged on user belongs to. In the Rich Client (RTC IDE), you will notice that this list corresponds to the teams highlighted in blue in the "Team Organization" view.

As a result, the issue has nothing to do with timelines; since, all the timelines defined for a given project area will appear as first level child nodes under the project area within the "Public Dashboards" section.

So, assuming that you are the user logged into the Dashboard, you can get Team2 to show up under the "Public Dashboards" section by adding yourself as a member (or adminstrator?) of the Team2 team area and giving yourself the appropriate permissions (this can be done in the Team Area editor in the Web UI or Rich Client)

Hope that helps,

Mike

permanent link
Roger Persson (31118) | answered Mar 12 '10, 1:39 a.m.
Ok, that explains the behavior, thanks!

I was confused by "Public", as I mistakenly believed that this was short cuts to all team's dashboard.

/Roger

Hi Roger

The "Public Dashboards" section within the left nav area shows all the team areas that the currently logged on user belongs to. In the Rich Client (RTC IDE), you will notice that this list corresponds to the teams highlighted in blue in the "Team Organization" view.

As a result, the issue has nothing to do with timelines; since, all the timelines defined for a given project area will appear as first level child nodes under the project area within the "Public Dashboards" section.

So, assuming that you are the user logged into the Dashboard, you can get Team2 to show up under the "Public Dashboards" section by adding yourself as a member (or adminstrator?) of the Team2 team area and giving yourself the appropriate permissions (this can be done in the Team Area editor in the Web UI or Rich Client)

Hope that helps,

Mike

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Mar 12 '10, 10:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No problem. That is an understandable mistake.
"Public Dashboards" really means "Public Dashboards I belong to".
But it is long and wordy for a section title.

For the RTC 3.0 release, the left nav area will be changed dramatically. I will be sure to let the developers know of the confusion surrounding public dashboards.

Thanks,

Mike

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.