It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

change or tag a user name synchronized from LDAP

Thomas Yu (1011199) | asked May 28 '10, 5:30 a.m.
hello, all,

My request may sound ridiculous, but is there a way to change (or simply tag) the user name synced from LDAP to Jazz repository?

In some situation, updating user information in enterprise's LDAP server is not feasible.

Another situation where this feature (tagging a user name) can be useful is in RTC's instant messenger.

thanks!

4 answers

permanent link
Rob Logie (33825041) | answered Aug 11 '10, 2:17 a.m.
Hi

Did you ever find a solution to this ?

Thanks

Rob

hello, all,

My request may sound ridiculous, but is there a way to change (or simply tag) the user name synced from LDAP to Jazz repository?

In some situation, updating user information in enterprise's LDAP server is not feasible.

Another situation where this feature (tagging a user name) can be useful is in RTC's instant messenger.

thanks!

permanent link
Thomas Yu (1011199) | answered Aug 11 '10, 2:38 a.m.
No :(
My users have to endure the user names displayed in irregular formats.

Hi

Thanks

Rob

permanent link
Rob Logie (33825041) | answered Aug 11 '10, 2:47 a.m.
We found this posting

http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2947&highlight=change+user+name

We are trying this to see if it does the trick

Rob

Hi

Thanks

Rob

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Aug 11 '10, 2:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Thomas,

I don't know about tagging and what that means...

Here might be one solution:http://jazz.net/library/techtip/457

In addition I have a customer who has LDAP user name requirements and can't add a new property (e.g. JazzName to store a different/better user name in LDAP) in LDAP eiter which would be the best way to do it.

What they do is the following - you will have to play around with it on a test server.

The have the initial user list from LDAP in RTC. They switched off the LDAP SYNC. They export the user list with repotools into a CSV file. They then fix the names in that list and reimport the new list with repotools. They don't change the ID, but only the name.

New users are imported from LDAP and then they run the same process. Not sure this is a supported scenario, but the only way to do it, I am aware of.

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi

Thanks

Rob

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.