It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade Images

Chris Barlock (18814738) | asked Apr 23 '12, 9:45 a.m.
I was looking at the 3.0.1.3 images available on jazz.net to upgrade from 3.0.1. Have a few questions:

- They all (I assume) have a release type of "Product Release Trial". The "trial" part concerns me...We have proper licenses for RTC. Will this image upgrade us correctly, or do I need some other image that is not "trial?"

- I see repo images "Client for Eclipse IDE" and "Client for Eclipse IDE (Extension Install)." Is the former a full install and the latter an upgrade from 3.0.x?

- Is there an update site to which I can just point my client?

Chris

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 23 '12, 10:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Chris,

as far as I am aware, the install images on Jazz.net contain the same data you'd get downloading from passport advantage, where I assume the customer could also download provided they have bought licenses.

Trial means, there are trial licenses that expire after 60 days or so shipped with the product. It does not mean there is any restriction that prevents it from running longer other than that. If you upload your keys you replace the eval keys. The same with the 10 free developer licenses.

The Eclipse client packages are
- For Installation Manager - full install, can also extend existing Eclipse instances.

- Zip, full install, can not be used to extend existing Eclipse instances. You unzip somewhere and can use the eclipse/rtc from there.

- Zip extension install, a local update site, which can be used to extend an existing Eclipse via P2 install using the Eclipse mechanisms.

If you want to use the P2 install please let the customer try. There was an issue which prevented subsequent extension installs of some other products to succeed, if I remember correctly.

This issue does not come up with the Installation Manager install.

permanent link
Chris Barlock (18814738) | answered Apr 23 '12, 11:11 a.m.
Thanks Ralph. I guess my big concern regarding these images marked "trial" is whether I will wipe out whatever license I have with a trial license if I use one of these images to upgrade.

Chris

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 23 '12, 11:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Chris,

I use the images from Jazz.net all the time and also for upgrades. You might have to download new license keys because the version changed from Passport advantage. Then you upload them to the server. They would replace the licenses you have there and the users would be fine. The same applies if you download from passport advantage.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.