It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I prevent users from deleting/editing plan views?

James Leone (13613513) | asked Aug 13 '10, 1:26 a.m.
Hello,

For our Sprint plans we like to have a "Scrumboard" view. This is basically the "Developer's Taskboard" but we have a different coloring scheme. We also find the "Work Breakdown" view very helpful for sprint planning.

Unfortunately some users like to hit the red X. This removes the plan. Is there a certain permission I can set that will restrict the ability to add/edit plans to certain roles?

The closest I could seem to find was the "Modify Plan" Permission within Team Configuration > Planning > Save Plan (server) > Save Plan

I have a feeling this has more wide-sweeping affect than just restricting manipulation of the plan views.

We are using RTC 2.0.0.2iFix3

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 13 '10, 8:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi James,

the permission you refer to below prevents the user fom editing the entire plan. That means modifying the pages, test, adding pages, etc. The user can do things like using different views etc, but not save changes. Users can still modify work item values, drag and drom work items, change states etc, if they have permission to.

Ralph
Hello,

For our Sprint plans we like to have a "Scrumboard" view. This is basically the "Developer's Taskboard" but we have a different coloring scheme. We also find the "Work Breakdown" view very helpful for sprint planning.

Unfortunately some users like to hit the red X. This removes the plan. Is there a certain permission I can set that will restrict the ability to add/edit plans to certain roles?

The closest I could seem to find was the "Modify Plan" Permission within Team Configuration > Planning > Save Plan (server) > Save Plan

I have a feeling this has more wide-sweeping affect than just restricting manipulation of the plan views.

We are using RTC 2.0.0.2iFix3

permanent link
James Leone (13613513) | answered Aug 13 '10, 8:44 a.m.
I had a feeling that was the case. Any way to just prevent modifying the various views of a plan?

Should I open a PMR to press for an official answer?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.