It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Loading multiple-components at a different Local Path

Sudhakar Frederick (80113631) | asked Apr 20 '12, 1:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a sandbox at /mysandbox/source where I load 10 or so components. This I can do by select them all and "Load As.." with the "Local Path" set to "/mysandbox/source.

I also have 100+ components that I need to load at /mysandbox/source/dir1.
Is there a way to load the 100+ without having to do each one individually from the eclipse client?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 21 '12, 8:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RTC-4.0, you would:
- right-click on the workspace
- select Repository Files
- in the Repository Files view, select all the components you want to load
- select the "Load ..." operation
- select "Browse the components to select the folders to be loaded", and hit next
- select the component root folders, and in the Advanced Options section, select "Load the selected folders and create Eclipse projects for projects found within the selected folder hierarchy"

Then, in the Preferences section of the Eclipse client (or in the Artifacts view in the Visual Studio client), select the Sandbox, and select the "Generate Load Rules" operation. Then, in subsequent "Load ..." requests, just select "Load from Load Rules".

Cheers,
Geoff

I have a sandbox at /mysandbox/source where I load 10 or so components. This I can do by select them all and "Load As.." with the "Local Path" set to "/mysandbox/source.

I also have 100+ components that I need to load at /mysandbox/source/dir1.
Is there a way to load the 100+ without having to do each one individually from the eclipse client?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.