It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User unable to view the components of the stream. Error fetching item: Forbidden - Error code 403

Faizal Rahman (821014) | asked Jun 20 '13, 5:38 a.m.

We are using RTC 4.0 version. The user is unable to view the components of a Stream, which is owned by 'Team Area 1'. The user is member of this team area as well. But the components are not getting displayed here,

The error message we are getting is, "Error fetching item: Forbidden - Error code 403"

Please let me know, how to resolve this issue.

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jun 20 '13, 5:51 a.m.

Hello Faizal,
Could you provide output from <your-workspace>.metadata.log file?
what is entire stack trace when trying to view components?

Faizal Rahman commented Jun 20 '13, 6:38 a.m. | edited Jun 20 '13, 6:47 a.m.

Hi Krzsztof,

I am using the web client. How could i get the log file?

When i open the stream, it shows that, no component. Where as, the other stream components were visible.  The error we are getting for 2 streams only.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jun 20 '13, 6:51 a.m.

Faizal,
If you are using web browser, then it could be great to look into server logs <you-server>\server\logs\ccm.log or <WAS-Profile>\logs\ccm.log and see if you have entire stacktrace there. You can also use Firebug to see what are http queries causing 403 error. But try with ccm.log first.

You can also consider opening the PMR.

Millard Ellingsworth commented Jun 20 '13, 4:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Has source control ever worked via the web in your environment? I have gotten a similar 403 when attempting SCM operations from jazz.net where source control is not available via the web. If this is the first time you are trying to use it from the web, there may be some additional setup or configuration necessary. 

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jul 09 '13, 10:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Error 403 is usually related to the LDAP configuration - meaning your user may not be obtaining repository roles as a jazzuser.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.