It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC project Invitation Mail

Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | asked Apr 19 '12, 3:19 p.m.
Hi,

I was wondering why mail sending functionality after being added to a project is removed from RRC. All the customers are asking about this issue and I am not able to give them a reason.

Help would be appreciated :)

4 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 19 '12, 5:02 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't think it was removed, since (as I recall) we never offered it in a GA release of RRC.

The main purpose of the invitation mail is to give a developer with an Eclipse client the information needed to configure his/her workstation.

RRC is a web-only product.

There is a similar discussion with some work-arounds here:
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23399

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Apr 20 '12, 9:59 a.m.
RQM is also a web based product but has this functionality. Sending an e-mail via Outlook or another e-mail client should be considered as a workaroun I guess :)

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Apr 23 '12, 12:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RQM is also a web based product but has this functionality. Sending an e-mail via Outlook or another e-mail client should be considered as a workaroun I guess :)

As Daniel, says the main function for the e-mail is to be used in configuring the RTC Rich Client workspace environment.

As RQM is a web client, the e-mail serves no additional value other than notification. Now an enhancement could be made to change the e-mail message.

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered May 08 '12, 5:25 a.m.
here's the enhancement request https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=49584

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.