It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Wrong number of defects shown in Open Work Items widget

Colin Thorne (22421619) | asked Apr 17 '12, 3:25 a.m.
Hello, can anyone help me with the behaviour of the Open Work Items widget in the RTC dashboard?

Does it only count work items in 'New' state and not work items in 'In Progress' state?

I have the Open Work Items widget configured to show all Teams, all Categories, all Iterations, all Severities and only work items of type defect. It looks like the current number of open defects 19 (it is hard to tell the exact number because of the resolution of the graph). I actually have 26 open defects with 7 in 'In Progress' state (the rest in 'New' state).

I am also using the Defect Backlog report (which is a predefined report) and that does show 26 open defects.

So is the behaviour deliberately different between the Open Work Items widget and the Defect Backlog report or am I missing some other configuration setting?

Thanks, Colin.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 17 '12, 8:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Colin,

can you check, if some of that missing work items might be filed against the project and not a team area? Another thought, have you accidentally selected a severity as filter?

Recently I was looking into the dashboards and some of the dashboard reports seemed to need team areas and would not collect data on project area level.

I just verified that with my example project. The Open work Item viewlet only collects the ones that are filed against a team area. I have one that is filed against the project and that does not show up. It was easy to test that using a query.

permanent link
Colin Thorne (22421619) | answered Apr 17 '12, 12:14 p.m.
Thanks for your quick response. I have checked that severity is not selected. Your point about project and team areas is interesting. We do not have any team areas, only the project area, and so all defects (as far as I can tell) must be filed against the project.

However I will dig into this some more and see if I need a team area for the numbers to be consistent.

Regards, Colin.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.