It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Udating datapool at runtime in RFT script running under RQM

Ugo Soave (2547) | asked Apr 16 '12, 11:32 a.m.
Hello I have a dramatic problem and I hope someone will be able to help me.
My Scenario is:
- workstation Windows XP Pro SP3 with Rational Functtional Tester 8.2.1, running the RFT adapter
- workstation Windows XP Pro SP3 with RQM 2.0.1 iFix004 (running Tomcat Server)
I have implemented a Funcional Tester script that update some datapool values at runtime: this is because I need to store permanently these new values, to use them at next time I'll run this script. I tested it under RFT environment and it sounds good.
But as I run this script in Quality Manager, I find that my datapool values stored in the RFT workspace remain the same. Finally I found the reason: RQM creates his own workspace in a folder named something like this: C:\Documents And Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\RQMRFTProjects\abcde123\HOME where abcde123 is a random string and HOME is my RFT project .
My Question is: how can I use the correct datapool file (which is that under the rft workspace)? or is there a workaround such as an option to be set in RQM?
Please help me I'm a desperate guy....
Thanks in advance
Ugo

2 answers

permanent link
Ugo Soave (2547) | answered Apr 17 '12, 8:14 a.m.
Any news from someone? :shock:

permanent link
Ugo Soave (2547) | answered Apr 19 '12, 11:29 a.m.
After many trobles I solved my problem. Mine, it was a very stupid issue.
I had to change my import script options, and choose "Use test resources that are local to a test machine" instead of "Use test resources from a shared location". Now test scripts are executed in the right workspace.
Thanks anyway

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.