It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

execute script in RTC source control via Javascript API

Binoy D'costa (9532537) | asked Apr 13 '12, 6:56 p.m.
Is it possible to execute a script residing in RTC source control or fire off a build definition from Javascript API that is available in attribute customization?

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 14 '12, 12:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If I understand your question, no, you cannot execute an attribute customization script directly from RTC source control. You would need to extract the version of the script you want used, and attach it (as an attachment file) to the project area containing the process that is invoking that script.

Cheers,
Geoff

Is it possible to execute a script residing in RTC source control or fire off a build definition from Javascript API that is available in attribute customization?

permanent link
Binoy D'costa (9532537) | answered Apr 16 '12, 5:21 p.m.
If I understand your question, no, you cannot execute an attribute customization script directly from RTC source control. You would need to extract the version of the script you want used, and attach it (as an attachment file) to the project area containing the process that is invoking that script.

Cheers,
Geoff

Can I invoke a build definition from within Javascript API? I'm trying to see if a build can be invoked, get the results, and then populate attribute with values returned from the build.

Thanks,
Binoy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.