It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integration with CA service desk

Mark Krasovich (51372) | asked Jun 22 '10, 3:59 p.m.
Is there an integration with CA service desk?

8 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 22 '10, 5:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not that I am aware of...keep an eye on this page - it has the integrations we know about:

http://jazz.net/projects/rational-team-concert/integrations/

Out of interest, what sort of integration would be good to have with ServiceDesk?

anthony

permanent link
Michael Belt (11) | answered Jun 22 '10, 8:09 p.m.

Not that I am aware of...keep an eye on this page - it has the integrations we know about:

Out of interest, what sort of integration would be good to have with ServiceDesk?

anthony

In the case of our organization, integration would be valuable. Our Support Center manages Incidents, Problems, & Change Requests in CA Service Desk. Some sort of bridge or connector to facilitate the development process and management within Team Concert would be great. This way we wouldn't have to copy/paste/etc. out of Service Desk & into Team Concert.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 23 '10, 6:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

anthony

In the case of our organization, integration would be valuable. Our Support Center manages Incidents, Problems, & Change Requests in CA Service Desk. Some sort of bridge or connector to facilitate the development process and management within Team Concert would be great. This way we wouldn't have to copy/paste/etc. out of Service Desk & into Team Concert.

This is interesting - so you have a ticket in Service Desk - I would image you want a reference back to the Service Desk ticket from an RTC work item - and visa versa. The RTC link could be a url. You might want to populate some RTC work item fields automatically, for example - the Service Desk reference, the name. You might want to link the states of the work item in RTC to Service Desk - so when an RTC work item is completed, it updates the Service Desk ticket in some way.

These are all just ideas - anything else?

anthony

permanent link
Michael Belt (11) | answered Jun 23 '10, 8:52 a.m.

This is interesting - so you have a ticket in Service Desk - I would image you want a reference back to the Service Desk ticket from an RTC work item - and visa versa. The RTC link could be a url. You might want to populate some RTC work item fields automatically, for example - the Service Desk reference, the name. You might want to link the states of the work item in RTC to Service Desk - so when an RTC work item is completed, it updates the Service Desk ticket in some way.

anthony

Exactly anthony. This type of integration would be very helpful.

permanent link
Cesar Sasaki (511285126) | answered Oct 25 '11, 10:33 a.m.

anthony

Exactly anthony. This type of integration would be very helpful.

Is now in CLM 3.0.1 any integration RTC - Service Desk (from CA)?

permanent link
Kay Emm (611) | answered May 31 '12, 2:08 p.m.
Hello

Just wanted to check if anybody figured out a way to integrate CA Service Desk with Rational Team Concert.

We are actually looking for exact same integration requirement as mentioned by Anthony.
Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Kay..

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 31 '12, 2:49 p.m.
as I mentioned in the Extending topic, I'm not aware of any existing integration, but the vendors on the integration list above would be a good place to start. This is on trivial work..

I have built an integration between Salesforce Service Cloud and RTC for a similar set of workflows. but will be trying to transition this to one of the vendors, so that we (I) don't have to support it.

Comments
Bob McLaren commented Aug 17 '12, 8:57 p.m.

Hi Sam, I'm new to RTC and the forum so please excuse any protocol/etiquette violoations. I have been tasked to come up with a way to integrate RTC and Salesforce.com. I'd be very interested in hearing about your experiences. Thanks, Bob.

sam detweiler commented Aug 17 '12, 10:37 p.m. | edited Aug 17 '12, 10:40 p.m.

Both Tasktop and Kovair claim to have integration support with Salesforce, both do have integration with RTC.

my integration is built using the remote item connector framework see http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/10/synchronizedatarepositoriesbyusingtherationalteamconcertitemconnector/index.html?ca=drs- altho I don't use REST apis into the Salesforce system, instead using their partner api instead.

the recent support in Salesforce for streaming notifications (see http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Streaming_API) helps a lot on the outbound to RTC solution. (eliminates firewall issues, and lots of config complexities, etc)

so my on premise server uses the streaming api to get notices of changed salesforce records of interest (thru a config file), then uses the RTC java client apis to inject 'defect' workitems into RTC.

then the RTC remote repository connector extension sends changes back to salesforce. I created services on RTC server to house the configuration data so that both sides could get the data from a single config area, and the RTC web admin UI is the mechanism for that info maintenance.

I haven't tried it yet on a multi-repository RTC setup

sam detweiler commented Aug 17 '12, 10:44 p.m.

I have also started building salesforce OSLC miniviewer support (api for callers (rtc hover over a salesforce object link in RTC), and viewer for salesforce apps(salesforce hover over an RTC workitem link)) in the event that TaskTop or Kovair do in fact support OSLC linking between salesforce and rtc objects. you could reach me at sdetweil on gmail.

Bob McLaren commented Aug 20 '12, 10:41 p.m.

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply to my question. This is probably sufficient for now but I may reach out to you offline for more advice once we get a little farther along with our project.

sam detweiler commented Aug 20 '12, 10:48 p.m.

no problem.. anytime

permanent link
Gary Woodward (20213) | answered Sep 03 '15, 6:42 p.m.

I have a similar desire as Anthony. We use CA Service Desk to track support calls and would like to be able to integrate with Rational Team Concert to automatically create Work Items and populate at least the summary field.

Has anyone discovered a way to make this possible?

Thanks in advance for your reply. Any news would be greatly appreciated.

Gary

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.