Integration with CA service desk
8 answers
Is there an integration with CA service desk?
Not that I am aware of...keep an eye on this page - it has the integrations we know about:
http://jazz.net/projects/rational-team-concert/integrations/
Out of interest, what sort of integration would be good to have with ServiceDesk?
anthony
In the case of our organization, integration would be valuable. Our Support Center manages Incidents, Problems, & Change Requests in CA Service Desk. Some sort of bridge or connector to facilitate the development process and management within Team Concert would be great. This way we wouldn't have to copy/paste/etc. out of Service Desk & into Team Concert.
Is there an integration with CA service desk?
Not that I am aware of...keep an eye on this page - it has the integrations we know about:
http://jazz.net/projects/rational-team-concert/integrations/
Out of interest, what sort of integration would be good to have with ServiceDesk?
anthony
In the case of our organization, integration would be valuable. Our Support Center manages Incidents, Problems, & Change Requests in CA Service Desk. Some sort of bridge or connector to facilitate the development process and management within Team Concert would be great. This way we wouldn't have to copy/paste/etc. out of Service Desk & into Team Concert.
This is interesting - so you have a ticket in Service Desk - I would image you want a reference back to the Service Desk ticket from an RTC work item - and visa versa. The RTC link could be a url. You might want to populate some RTC work item fields automatically, for example - the Service Desk reference, the name. You might want to link the states of the work item in RTC to Service Desk - so when an RTC work item is completed, it updates the Service Desk ticket in some way.
These are all just ideas - anything else?
anthony
This is interesting - so you have a ticket in Service Desk - I would image you want a reference back to the Service Desk ticket from an RTC work item - and visa versa. The RTC link could be a url. You might want to populate some RTC work item fields automatically, for example - the Service Desk reference, the name. You might want to link the states of the work item in RTC to Service Desk - so when an RTC work item is completed, it updates the Service Desk ticket in some way.
These are all just ideas - anything else?
anthony
Exactly anthony. This type of integration would be very helpful.
This is interesting - so you have a ticket in Service Desk - I would image you want a reference back to the Service Desk ticket from an RTC work item - and visa versa. The RTC link could be a url. You might want to populate some RTC work item fields automatically, for example - the Service Desk reference, the name. You might want to link the states of the work item in RTC to Service Desk - so when an RTC work item is completed, it updates the Service Desk ticket in some way.
These are all just ideas - anything else?
anthony
Exactly anthony. This type of integration would be very helpful.
Is now in CLM 3.0.1 any integration RTC - Service Desk (from CA)?
as I mentioned in the Extending topic, I'm not aware of any existing integration, but the vendors on the integration list above would be a good place to start. This is on trivial work..
I have built an integration between Salesforce Service Cloud and RTC for a similar set of workflows. but will be trying to transition this to one of the vendors, so that we (I) don't have to support it.
I have built an integration between Salesforce Service Cloud and RTC for a similar set of workflows. but will be trying to transition this to one of the vendors, so that we (I) don't have to support it.
Comments
2 votes
I have a similar desire as Anthony. We use CA Service Desk to track support calls and would like to be able to integrate with Rational Team Concert to automatically create Work Items and populate at least the summary field.
Has anyone discovered a way to make this possible?
Thanks in advance for your reply. Any news would be greatly appreciated.
Gary