It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to move a old plan into a new plan

Xiang Zhou Wu (111) | asked Apr 11 '12, 3:59 a.m.
Hi RTC experts,

I need your help on a problem: Someone else created a plan before. Now I create a plan for the whole project. Now I want to move the old plan into my new plan How can I do it? Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 11 '12, 8:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you say "move the old plan into my new plan", what exactly did you have in mind? A plan is primarily just a query, where the query is defined by the team area and iteration you have configured the plan for. The only data that is "in" the plan itself are the text in additional pages you have added to the plan, and the plan-view (i.e. how you have configured the plan to be displayed).

In particular, it is likely that you will want to either:
- delete the old plan, now that you have a new plan
- keep the old plan, because it is configured to either select a different team/iteration than the new plan, or because it has an interesting view.

Cheers,
Geoff

Hi RTC experts,

I need your help on a problem: Someone else created a plan before. Now I create a plan for the whole project. Now I want to move the old plan into my new plan How can I do it? Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.