It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create Single Burn Down from Multiple RTC Projects???

Randy Gore (111) | asked Mar 22 '12, 2:07 p.m.
I am helping a number of teams with Agile and who are using RTC 3.0. My business is Agile, not RTC, so please be patient with me if I am not asking the question correctly.

One of our development teams has divided the project into several pieces and each piece has a separate scrum team. Each scrum team has set up separate projects in RTC and are creating release burn down charts for their individual pieces.

Is it possible to link the data from the multiple RTC projects so as to create a single Release burn down chart for the entire product? If so, where could I guide that team to find out how to do it?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.2k33646) | answered Mar 27 '12, 5:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Randy,

I think you would have to create a custom report to do that. You might want to consider using Rational Reporting for Developer Intelligence. The reason is, that you need to collect data across projects. I think the built in reports are really only collecting data in a project.

I am not sure if it is possible with Birt. I don't know the data model good enough to really judge that. I assume you could try to look into the Birt reports available and look for opportunities to customize them. Having said that, a discussion on a work item indicates the burndown is quite complex. There are also different reports involved for dashboard viewlets, I think.

There are several videos and articles about report creation on Jazz.net you could look at.

You could also request an enhancement for such a report, but I assume this would take some time to get into the product, if at all. There is some work being done for cross timeline/cross project planning for the next release as well. I have not spend much time on exploring it though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.