It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to find Query ID for use in Dashboard Templates

Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | asked Feb 02 '11, 1:56 p.m.
I am creating a new Dashboard Template with several viewlets of Work Items. In the web interface this is pretty easy - you click "Edit" and select the query. In the Dashboard Template definition section in Eclipse, you need to enter a query ID. How do I find the ID of the query I wish to add? There is nothing in the query definition listing an ID.

I tried using the ID seen in the browser when the query is run, for example:

com.ibm.team.workitem.runSavedQuery&id=_Vy1oYCKVEeCLuq6uR-B1GA

or just:

_Vy1oYCKVEeCLuq6uR-B1GA

But those did not work. "The work item query does not exist" is the result when I create a new dashboard from that template.

2.0.0.2 i5

6 answers

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | answered Feb 14 '11, 12:52 p.m.
Does anyone know the answer to this? Please?

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Feb 15 '11, 5:19 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mike,

Currently you can only point work items viewlets in Dashboard Templates at predefined queries that exist in the process for the project area and have an id associated with them in there. Here's an example of the configuration data for a predefined query in the Jazz Foundation project area:

<configuration-data xmlns="http://com.ibm.team.workitem/queries" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.configuration.queries">

<query name="Open created by me" description="Work items I have created which are open or in progress" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.queries.predefined.openCreated">
</query>
</configuration-data>

When configuring a work items viewlet in your template to use this query, the id you would use is "com.ibm.team.workitem.queries.predefined.openCreated". So in order for you to achieve what you are after, you will have to define the queries you want in the process for your project area and give them a unique id.

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | answered Feb 15 '11, 5:41 p.m.
So then what do I need to do to make my shared queries part of the standard predefined query set so I can use them in dashboard templates?

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Feb 16 '11, 12:18 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mike,

You can add your existing queries to the process for the project and assign them an id using the project editor where you create your dashboard templates. Open the Project Editor and switch to the Process Configuration tab. Then expand Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Predefined Queries. From there you can add any of your existing queries to the list, select them and populate the Identifier attribute in the details panel.

This is the identifier you will need to use to reference them in your dashboard templates.

permanent link
Mike Shkolnik (9808161143) | answered Feb 16 '11, 12:59 p.m.
That did it! Thanks much Adam!

permanent link
Bruno Braga (48013621) | answered Jan 17 '12, 8:16 a.m.
Adam,

How about the Lifecycle queries?
That kind of queries are stored outside the Project Area.

How can I see the Lifecycle queries IDs?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.