It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Viewing Expired Assets

Dan Duce (2534645) | asked Mar 20 '12, 8:33 a.m.
If a lifecycle sets a timer to expire an asset after some period of time, but there are no other actions assigned, is there any easy way to see all of the assets in a community or the repository that have had the timer expire?

We are trying to mimic how QMX works with forcing asset reviews every year or so. The timer with expiry policy seems to be the only mechanism that can do this.

I want the expired asset to stay as Approved so that people can view it, but I want asset owners or collaborators to be notified that they have to review and update it.

What's the best way to do this? I don't see any reports that say show expired assets. There is only one that shows assets that are about to expire.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered Mar 22 '12, 4:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you do not want the asset to change state, I'd suggest the following.

1. Add the 'Send Email' policy to the Approved state and set it to run on a timer. This can automatically email owners, reviewers, and approvers with a custom message.

2. Add the 'Categorize Asset' policy to the Approved state and also set it to run on a timer. When the timer expires, it will categorize the asset so that you can search for expired assets.

Another option would be to create a custom workflow with both 'Approved' and 'Approved Review Required' states. You could set up permissions so that users can view the asset in both states and use the expiry policy to automatically move the asset into the 'Approved Review Required' state after 1 year.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.