It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC BIRT - custom attribute of type workitem?

pugazhenthi samidurai (26423942) | asked Mar 09 '12, 4:12 a.m.
Hi

I have a custom work item attribute which is of type workitem. Which Snapshot / Table / Attribute should I access to retrieve the value for the custom attribute when authoring a BIRT report?

Thanks

Pugazh S

2 answers

permanent link
Dhanya Saseendran (8831421) | answered Mar 12 '12, 12:33 a.m.
edited Aug 28 '15, 2:55 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103)
Hi Pugazh,

You may check the Work item snapshot/liveworkitem cnt table and depending on the type of the custom attribute check string key/val, timestamp key/val,integer key/val etc..
Thanks
Dhanya

Comments
pugazhenthi samidurai commented Mar 12 '12, 1:16 a.m. | edited Aug 28 '15, 2:54 a.m.

Hi ,

i can able to see the values of stirng / inetger or others . But i am unable to find the values of wortkitem type attribute values.

Note : attribute type is workitem

Thanks ,

Pugazh

permanent link
Tadeusz Janasiewicz (120149) | answered Aug 28 '15, 2:51 a.m.
edited Aug 31 '15, 2:16 p.m.
Hi Pugazh,

I hope you have found the solution. All the attributes of the Work Item type you will find in the WS_REQUEST_EXT table. To made this data more readable I selected the columns:

WI_ID (to know with which Work Item it is related to)
VAL_WI_TYPE (to know which exactly attribute it is)
VAL_SUMMARY (to have a Summary of this related Work Item)
VAL_URL (to easily find it)
TIMESTAMP (to get the latest version of it)

For optimization purposes as a Parameter "FROM_TIME" I have added the expression "BirtDateTime.today()"

Best regards,
Tad

Comments
Clara Forero commented Aug 28 '15, 4:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Pugazh and Tad,

For basic custom attributes, CLM 6.0 introduced the WI_ table descriptors that will show the current values of the custom attributes for a particular work item.  For complex custom attributes (e.g. work item, project area) the only available tables right now are the WS_ and the WC_ tables. 
The WC_ tables include the history information, all the changes made to a work item.  For instance, if a work item has been changed twice, then there would be two records in the WC_ tables.
The WS_ tables are the "state" tables.  There is a record for each work item for each day since it was created.  These tables are used to know the state of the work item (and its attributes) on a particular date.  They are usually used on a trend report to show (for instance) how many work items were opened on a particular date, etc.  As Tad mentioned, to get the current information of a particular work item it would be necessary to use only the latest record on that table.
The WI_ tables for complex custom attributes may be added in a future release.

Thanks,
Clara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.