It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ctrl-V does not update cursor position?

Daniel Junglas (2144) | asked Feb 17 '12, 5:52 a.m.
Hi,

I am using the 3.0.1.3 web client on Firefox and found the following very annoying behavior: When I input some text and paste using Ctrl-V then the next character I input will appear before the pasted text.
In more detail:
1. I click "Add Comment"
2. I type "This is some text "
3. I hit Ctrl+V to paste the text "and this is more" from the clipboard
4. At this point the cursor is at the end of the line (right after "more")
5. Now I hit 'x'. The character x is not appended after "more" but is instead right before "and" (the position at which I did paste).

This is already bad, but it gets worse:
6. I hit the "End" key to move the cursor to the end of the line and the cursor in fact shows up at the end of the line.
7. Now I hit backspace to delete the last character on the line. Instead of deleting the last character on the line, the last character before the pasted content is deleted.
Similarly, if I hit "End" and then start typing in new text. The first character is appended to the end of the line, then the cursor mysteriously jumps back to the place at which I pasted the other text and continuous inserting text there.

It looks like pasting into the comment editor completely screws up this editor? Is there a workaround for that?

Thanks,

Daniel

Comments
Xavier Nodet commented Feb 20 '12, 10:06 a.m. | edited Jun 20 '12, 11:04 a.m.

More information: this issue appears on openSuSE 64bits with Firefox 10.0, and on Windows XP Pro SP 3 32 bits with both Firefox 10.0.1 and 10.0.2.

Alvaro Riera commented Jun 20 '12, 6:55 a.m. | edited Jun 20 '12, 11:05 a.m.

No workarround ?

It happens to me too :( in Firefox 3.5, 3.6, 10, 11 and 13 versions

2 answers

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Jun 20 '12, 3:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 20 '12, 4:12 p.m.
Check out Defect 200932

permanent link
Alvaro Riera (4011318) | answered Jun 21 '12, 2:05 a.m.
I was looking for but found no results.
Thank you very much!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.