It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to "complete" build activity

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Feb 15 '12, 2:08 p.m.
C:\.hudson\jobs\RTC JUnit\workspace\buildOnHudson.xml:199: com.ibm.team.build.common.TeamBuildStateException: Unable to "complete" build activity with label "_RutPbVgGEeGFDfyBaCFyGA" because the build with id "_RfXL0VgGEeGFDfyBaCFyGA", build definition id "JUnit_Hudson", label "RTC JUnit-19" is in the "INCOMPLETE" state.

2012-02-15 13:53:00 Abandoned orphaned build 'JUnit_Hudson RTC JUnit-19'. The build engine is about to process another build reque
st and requires that all in-progress builds previously processed by this build engine be abandoned. Please see the build result's log for more informa
tion.

The build is abandoned.

This build has been automatically abandoned by the build engine 'Hudson'.
This can happen if the build engine stops while it is processing a build, or if it fails to communicate with the server (e.g. due to the server crashing, or a network break).
As a result, the build is left in the in-progress state.

Such builds are automatically abandoned for the following reasons:
1. When the build engine is restarted, new builds will be processed, however the old builds would otherwise remain in the in-progress state indefinitely.
2. As a result the build engine would appear as busy when it is not.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Feb 16 '12, 2:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I have seen this following the article how to set up the Hudson integration. The underlying reason was, as far as I remember, that I made an error with the build engine. The build engine ID is used by hudson, I think I remember, and you can't run another JBE on the same ID, because then the JBE gets confused and abandons the builds.

permanent link
Frederick Clark (112) | answered Jun 06 '13, 6:49 p.m.
Great. Had two days trying to solve this problem and this was the answer I was looking for. This solved my problem: delete the build engine and create it again. Created two build engines separated, one for using it with Jenkins in a server and other one for other server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.