It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query on RTC Visual Studio

jaya krishna (11612112) | asked Feb 04 '10, 11:41 a.m.
Hi All,

I am new to RTC. I am a QE person and i am currently working on Quick Test Profession Automation tool. I am using RTC with MS Visual studio set up for configuration.

All my QTP Scripts would be in VB scripting. My question to you is:
1) How do i manage the QTP Scripts in RTC
2) Can RTC VS support the VB script
ie: What i am interested here is i would like to edit my vb scripts in RTC VS. Does this require any Additional plugin ? If So, please guide me through that as well.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,
Jay.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 05 '10, 2:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jay,

IF RTC VS is installed into Visual Studio it adds Jazz source control capabilities to Visual Studio. Provided VS supports developing your scripts and provided they are in a VS solution you should be able to share the solution and version its content in RTC.

To my knowledge RTC SCM is language agnostic, so as long as the file is in a shared context sharing and versioning of files should work.

Ralph

Hi All,

I am new to RTC. I am a QE person and i am currently working on Quick Test Profession Automation tool. I am using RTC with MS Visual studio set up for configuration.

All my QTP Scripts would be in VB scripting. My question to you is:
1) How do i manage the QTP Scripts in RTC
2) Can RTC VS support the VB script
ie: What i am interested here is i would like to edit my vb scripts in RTC VS. Does this require any Additional plugin ? If So, please guide me through that as well.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,
Jay.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.