It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

HOw to share the source code between different project areas

sriramak s (1762018) | asked Feb 09 '12, 12:06 p.m.
Hi,

We have two Project Areas..

PA1 and PA2

we would like to share the source code between streams in different project areas..

HOw are we going to restrict the users in folder level.

due to audit issue we are planning ro Rename the Project area, Component, stream and Repository workspace in the production evnrionmnet..

Please let us know the impact..

Regards,
sriramak

5 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 09 '12, 12:40 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Provided the permissions allow that a user can have a workspace flowing against a stream owned by another project area.

permanent link
sriramak s (1762018) | answered Feb 12 '12, 9:16 a.m.
Thanks for the info..

Please let me know the inputs for below topics...

due to audit issue we are planning ro Rename the Project area, Component, stream and Repository workspace in the production evnrionmnet..

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 13 '12, 2:33 a.m.
Thanks for the info..

Folder level restrictions are not available in 3.x this is planned for 4.x. Restrictions/permissions can be done on component, stream.

I am not sure what the audit issue is due to missing context, but I believe if a component is renamed it is renamed everywhere.

permanent link
sriramak s (1762018) | answered Feb 14 '12, 10:33 p.m.
Thanks.

Please let me know is there a way to restrict a file for set of users.

in production server we are doing dvelopement, if we rename the

Project Area , Stream , Componenet and Reepository workspace does it affect on the exiting code.

Regards,
Sriramak

#######################
Thanks for the info..

Folder level restrictions are not available in 3.x this is planned for 4.x. Restrictions/permissions can be done on component, stream.

I am not sure what the audit issue is due to missing context, but I believe if a component is renamed it is renamed everywhere.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 15 '12, 1:57 a.m.
Thanks.

Please let me know is there a way to restrict a file for set of users.

in production server we are doing dvelopement, if we rename the

Project Area , Stream , Componenet and Reepository workspace does it affect on the exiting code.

Regards,
Sriramak

#######################

Hi Sriramak,

In 3.x you can restrict access to files in SCM on stream and component level based on ownership of the stream and component. You can restrict visibility to
the members of the owner of the stream/component. If you want to restrict file access you have to place the file in a restricted component/stream.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.