It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating a WorkItem template

Devivaraprasad Bolisetti (261819) | asked Feb 08 '12, 2:38 a.m.
Hi ;

I have created a RTC WI Template with the help of WI in my RTC Project Area.It works well when they are no approvals included in those WI.

But when i try to create a WI Template from the WI's having approvals then it throws an error saying that

"Cannot create work items specified by the template. Illegal work item specification! Attribute "approvals" cannot be parsed properly."

Can you please help/guide to solve this issue.

7 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 08 '12, 4:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi ;

I have created a RTC WI Template with the help of WI in my RTC Project Area.It works well when they are no approvals included in those WI.

But when i try to create a WI Template from the WI's having approvals then it throws an error saying that

"Cannot create work items specified by the template. Illegal work item specification! Attribute "approvals" cannot be parsed properly."

This sounds like https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=182940 which is closed because it could not be reproduced. Maybe this is dependent on the version? You can provide the version you are running on the work item and ask for help.

permanent link
Devivaraprasad Bolisetti (261819) | answered Feb 08 '12, 5:18 a.m.
Hi ;

This sounds like https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=182940 which is closed because it could not be reproduced. Maybe this is dependent on the version? You can provide the version you are running on the work item and ask for help.

Eclipse Client Version 3.0.1

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 08 '12, 5:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would suggest to open the work item link above and provide this information along with a template that fails so we can reproduce the issue. There are hints about scenarios that work too, maybe there is a workaround. Otherwise please provide data so we can reproduce the issue.

permanent link
Devivaraprasad Bolisetti (261819) | answered Feb 09 '12, 1:25 a.m.
Hi Team;

I am not able to create a WorkItem link in a description.

The Create WorkItem Link inserts the work item type and work item ID but does not form a link.

Note :

I have three Presentations(say : Default Description Presentation and two custom Presentation of type large HTML).
Can we have more than one Presentation under Description section.

https://igartc02.swg.usma.ibm.com/jazz/web/projects/GCOIM%20Request%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=263284

permanent link
Devivaraprasad Bolisetti (261819) | answered Feb 09 '12, 1:27 a.m.
Hi Team;

I am not able to create a WorkItem link in a description.

The Create WorkItem Link inserts the work item type and work item ID but does not form a link.

Note :

I have three Presentations(say : Default Description Presentation and two custom Presentation of type large HTML).
Can we have more than one Presentation under Description section.

https://igartc02.swg.usma.ibm.com/jazz/web/projects/GCOIM%20Request%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=263284

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 15 '12, 1:19 p.m.
I have a similar problem I just encountered.

if there are required fields set for the workitem initial state, then you cannot use a template.. as it 'saves' first, then opens the editor..

but the 'save' fails due to the required field conditions not being met

My user wants to have some fields filled in with explanatory text, so that when the user creates one, they have a sort of form to tell the use what to do..

I need to use a template to get this initial text into the fields..
but some of the fields are drop downs and checkboxes that must be set before the custom workitem is even valid.

I can set another state as initial, without the field dependancies, but then the editor doesn't get opened after the templated workitem is created..

help!

permanent link
Paul Wellman (71119) | answered Mar 19 '12, 4:04 p.m.
I received the same error:

"Illegal work item specification! Attribute "approvals" cannot be parsed properly."

I have a custom work item type that I am trying to add default approvals too. I used the Work Item Template feature to capture the default approvals.

Does anyone have a workaround to capturing default approvals within a custom work item type?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.