It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need to create stream & projects using SCM on UNIX

Aditya Vyas (633) | asked May 10 '12, 12:25 p.m.
I have a requirement to create stream (new and based on existing stream's baseline) and project using the SCM command line but I dont see any command or subcommand which can help me to do that.

Any idea?

2 answers

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered May 14 '12, 2:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a requirement to create stream (new and based on existing stream's baseline) and project using the SCM command line but I dont see any command or subcommand which can help me to do that.

Any idea?

The ability to create a stream can be tracked in the following work item:
"169093: Add scm CLI option for stream (create stream / delete stream / update stream)" (https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/169093). Feel free add comments there expressing your interest.

Unfortunately, I am unaware of a way to programmatically create a project area. The ability to create a project area or team area is outside of the realm of SCM. I.e. You could imagine a build of RTC in which SCM was stripped out leaving only "Work Items Tracking" features.... Project areas and team areas would still exist. This is why the ability to create a project/team area using the scm.exe does not exist (and probably will not exist in the future).

permanent link
Aditya Vyas (633) | answered May 14 '12, 2:14 p.m.
Thanks David, let me look at the link you provided.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.